October 1, 2011

CPD23 - Thing 20: Career Path

I find both the Library Routes Project and the Library Day in the Life project interesting. These provide a platform for newbies and experienced library and information professionals for sharing benefits and challenges of LIS profession. 

I'm happy indeed to have chanced upon LIS profession wherein I could make a difference wherever I worked.  I believe library career is the right profession for those who are passionate about learning and sharing. 

I started my career as the librarian of a polytechnic college and designed and developed Library Database using CDS/ISIS.  Working with CDS/ISIS gave me the needed confidence for automating library operations.  Later, I joined ICFAI University as a Faculty Member and involved in designing and developing courseware for B.L.I.Sc. and M.L.I.Sc. distance learning programmes. Developing courseware for UG and PG programmes though challenging in the initial days, empowered me with the knowledge, skills and attitude required for a life-long learner. ICFAI experience not only fetched me opportunities for  developing and reviewing Self-Learning Materials for  Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University but also enabled me to do my Ph.D. in Open Distance Learning.  Now, I'm a volunteer co-facilitator for Integrating Technology  and researching on how to convert print modules into e-learning modules and also how to embed library components in Moodle courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

,