The Year of Open is a global focus on open processes, systems, and tools, created through collaborative approaches, that enhance our education, businesses, governments, and organizations.
Open represents freedom, transparency, equity and participation. At its core, open is a mindset about the way we should meet collective needs and address challenges.
Source: Open Education Consortium
15 years ago
- the term OER was coined
- the Budapest Open Access Initiative was launched
- the first Creative Commons Licenses were released
5 years ago
- the first Open Education Week took place
- the first OER World Congress was held, resulting in the Paris OER Declaration
Get involved by actively being a part of the Year of Open. The following are simple ways to contribute.
- Download and display the Year of Open banner and logo
- Use and follow the hashtag #yearofopen in conversations
- Host a webinar or event in your community. Share the link on our Facebook page and on Twitter using #yearofopen.
- Add your events to the Year of Open Events calendar to share with others.
- Keep everyone up-to-date about your involvement in Open activities on the Year of Open Facebook page.
- Post an Impact Story to the Year of Open Facebook page. An Impact Story can be a video, a written document, an infographic or other piece that describes your footprint in Open.